Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Been a Long Time...

I accidently came across my old blog.... thought about taking it down because I am sure no one really reads it. But.... I read it. And I realized it's the easiest way for me to have a "diary" and maybe I'll get better at keeping one than I have in the past.

So much has changed that it's almost like it's a whole different "me" in some ways. Yes, I am still Shannon Locknane, but I am no longer married. I am single. Well, not single, because I am in a relationship with my high school sweetheart.

I no longer live in Montana. I live in Mississippi. I am no longer a stay-at-home-mom. I work part time at The Children's Place and am trying to get my financial aid set up for school.

What's still me? Well, I am first and foremost still a Christian, although my walk has suffered greatly over the last two years. I am thankful that God is a forgiving God, and that He is long-suffering and ultimately patient. As I walk back with Him, it's good to know and feel that.

I am still a mom to the babies I prayed for my whole life. And now... I have three more thrown in. I always wanted a large family, so this was one way to go about it.

I've always wanted to live on a cul-de-sac and I do now. It's a cute little street with some nice neighbors.

This weekend we painted the kitchen. It looks great and we had a lot of fun doing it. It's not a color I would have ever chosen but it's growing on me. To quote Lexi: it's more cheerful. And that is how my new life feels... more cheerful.

No comments: